beyondblue’s vision is that all people in Australia achieve their best possible mental health.
The beyondblue Youth Week 2017 #keepsmewellproject hashtag is for young people living in Australia (aged 12-17 years) to reflect on their resilience and share creative work about ‘what keeps them well’ to inspire and support others through their journey.
The Youth Week #keepsmewellproject hashtag and is not a counselling service, help line or crisis service. For 24 hour support please call 1300 22 4636 or you can email or web chat at www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support
Guidelines for use
We rely on all people to help keep this #keepsmewellproject Stackla Feed a safe place for people to share and view information.
To do this, we request that all members comply with the following rules when contributing to the discussion forums:
- Keep it friendly and reflective of beyondblue’s key messages of Hope, Recovery and Resilience.
- Be courteous and respectful. Appreciate that others may have an opinion different from yours.
- Stay on topic. We are seeking creative posts about ‘what keeps you well’.
- Share your knowledge. Don't hold back in sharing your knowledge – it's likely someone will find it useful or interesting. When you give information, provide your sources.
- Keep it safe and lawful. Remember that the Stackla Feed is a public place. Don't post personal information that you would not be comfortable sharing with a stranger. We recommend you use only your first name or a pseudonym in your username and that you don't post any information that may identify you or anyone else, such as your address, email address or phone number.
- Report abuse and unsuitable content. A strong online community is self-governing. If you see abuse or unsuitable content, report it to us via email at www.beyondblue.org.au/contact-us
We maintain the right to remove posts
We need to make sure that material posted in the discussion forums is not potentially harmful. For this reason, we may edit or choose not to publish any post, avatar or display name that:
- contains disrespectful or derogatory remarks about any other member
- contains advice or content that we believe is damaging, unhelpful or distressing to others
- contains links
- contains swearing or offensive language
- is nonsensical and/or irrelevant
- promotes personal beliefs in a way that is disrespectful of the choices of others
- infringes the privacy of individuals or service providers
- is racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit or suggestive, abusive or otherwise discriminatory or objectionable
- advertises products, services, events, research, health professionals or facilities
- makes any reference to specific prescription medication names and/or dosages, seeks to receive or provide medical advice
- includes personal information such as full names, phone numbers, locations, postal or email addresses; or encourages the sharing of such details
- puts overt pressure on other members to respond, including "goodbye" messages
- makes attempt to facilitate personal offline contact with other members
- describes or encourages violence or other activity which could endanger the safety or wellbeing of others
- contains references to suicide, self-harm or sexual abuse
- is a copy of another post or contains the same, or similar, message posted multiple times elsewhere
- contains references to edits or moderation
- is more than 2,500 characters in length or submitted in multiple parts to avoid the character limit
- is made from duplicate accounts.
You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to post and view content on the page, we are merely acting as a passive conduit for such distribution and are not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any content or activities of users on the page. You acknowledge and agree that the information, materials and opinions expressed or included in any content are not beyondblue’s and may not be the same as ours. Any use of any content on this page will be at your own risk.
A team of moderators have been entrusted with the ability to intervene when these Guidelines have been breached. However, due to the dynamic nature and the sheer volume of posts, we can't immediately review everything that is posted – therefore much of the responsibility for maintaining our friendly environment lies with you.
If any material you post raises concerns about your safety or the safety of others, we may try to contact you to make sure that you or others are safe.
We may also need to pass your contact details on to authorities who can help protect your safety or the safety of others (for example, to the police or a mental health crisis service).
Should you wish to query a moderation decision, please get in touch with us privately via email and we will respond on the next business day.
We take our duty of care in providing a safe environment for all people seriously, and this includes recognising when a member may benefit from participating in and when it may be more appropriate to seek support offline.
As beyondblue is primarily funded by Australian Governments (both National and State/Territory) and members of the Australian public, we need to ensure that our service is accessible and available primarily within Australia. We encourage users outside of Australia to access services in the country where they are, or to utilise international services, of which there are a number that can be found via Google.
How we manage your information
beyondblue collects usernames and content posted to our accounts as part of our best practice approach to keeping our community safe. You can read our privacy collection statement anytime on our website.