Online forum 

These forums are a place where you can ask other young people advice on dealing with tough times and share your advice on what has worked for you. Please remember that it does not replace professional advice.

Before you can post or reply in these forums, please join our online community.

You should also have a read of the community rules. Forum membership is open to anyone residing in Australia.

Join the online communityLogin to post

Topic: Empty

4 posts, 0 answered
  1. FullCreamMilk
    FullCreamMilk avatar
    2 posts
    30 December 2018

Lately I've been feeling really empty and lost. I'm going into year 11 next year, it's not a massive deal but I am putting pressure on myself to do well however I don't think I'm feeling empty because of the stress I'm putting upon myself.

I'm not sure how to describe it but it feels like I'm lacking something and that something isn't right, I've also been really unmotivated and unproductive lately. I feel like when I talk with friends these feelings momentarily pause but as soon as I stop they come back.

I can't really talk to my friends 24/7 either because 1. it becomes really tiring for myself like social interactions really drain me and sometimes it feels as though I'm just burderning them?

I'm honestly just a mess right now and I'm not sure why.

2. randomx
    randomx avatar
    1 posts
    30 December 2018 in reply to FullCreamMilk

Hiya.

There's people here much more experienced than me and no doubt will drop in and try to help you figure this out.

But l would say please try not to put pressure on yourself about 11. Yaknow, as l told my daughter start of year who's just finished 11 now , educations not everything ok , or high marks. Yep you'll have to knuckle down but at the end of the day we do what we can and the cards fall where they will and it won't be the end of the world either way so give yourself a break ok. And enjoy the holidays right now too eh.

Anyway , hope you can figure things out with some help here and start to feel better.

rx

1 person found this helpful
  3. FullCreamMilk
    FullCreamMilk avatar
    2 posts
    30 December 2018 in reply to randomx

Hi Rx,

Thank you for your comment. I'll try not to pressure myself too much. I understand that high marks aren't everything but I guess I haven't yet been able to tell myslef that I don't need high marks. I don't think that makes sense but I guess in a way I need the high marks because for the longest time it's been my form of self validation.

But really though thank you for your reply :).

4. therising
    Valued Contributor
    • A special award for members who go above and beyond to support others here on the forums
    therising avatar
    51 posts
    30 December 2018 in reply to FullCreamMilk

Hi FullCreamMilk

You have to look after your self and I suggest the best way to start the process is by going to a trusted GP. He or she should be able to consider a couple of angles in regard to how you're feeling:

1. They'll most likely recommend blood tests to check iron, B12 etc etc. Take it from someone who manages a B12 deficiency; it can really knock you around if levels are low (fatigue, mental fogginess, lack of motivation and so on). You don't want a physical issue, which can be easily fixed, leading you to feel frustrated and down on your self
    2. I imagine they'll consider the mental health side of things and address the issue as to whether you're best going down the path of professional guidance/help

At the end of the day, you have to trust your instincts. If something doesn't feel quite right, you are the best judge of your own body. Don't wait 'til things get super tough - you deserve better than that.

By the way, my daughter will be starting year 11 also and I'll be encouraging her to explore a better diet, sleep patterns, as well as more exercise opportunities. Because we're super complex creatures, I'm big on the body/mind/spirit thing. I find that balance and good health in all 3 areas makes a big difference to our overall well-being. If one aspect is out of balance it has the potential to throw the other 2 out, especially where energy is concerned.

Take care FullCreamMilk