Beyond Blue is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and other relevant state laws in relation to the management of personal information.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information (which includes your name, email address) in order to allow you to register as a member of the Youth Beyond Blue website.
If you chose to participate in our Get Involved section or register as a member of the Youth Beyond Blue website, then some personal information will be recorded against your user profile. It will only be used for the purposes of enabling us to:
- provide services to you (such as moderating our online community to keep you safe);
- contacting you regarding a request to become a Speaker or blueVoices member;
- provide information and resources to you (for example, if you order any Youth Beyond Blue materials to be sent to you);
- meet our Youth Beyond Blue website management needs (for example, by enabling you to become a member of the Youth Beyond Blue website);
- engage in direct marketing activities via email (if you have registered your email address with us and have not 'opted out').
We may disclose your personal information:
- to our service providers (such as IT service providers);
- if you have consented to the disclosure;
- where disclosure is necessary to prevent injury to life or health; or
- if required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.
We do not directly disclose personal information to recipients located overseas.
The types of information that may be collected as a result of you use of the Youth Beyond Blue website are:
- the fact that you have visited the Youth Beyond Blue website and the date and time of your visit;
- statistical information about your server address and your top level domain name (for example, .com, .com.au, .gov.au, .co.uk. etc);
- the pages you have accessed and the documents you have downloaded;
- the previous site you visited (if you have linked to the Youth Beyond Blue website); and the type of browser you use.
We will not make any attempt to identify you or your browsing activities from the collection of this information.
What if you did not provide your personal information?
If you choose not to provide your personal information to us, you will not be able to participate in our Get Involved section or register as a member of the Youth Beyond Blue website.
How to contact us
Post: Attention The Privacy Officer
PO Box 6100
Hawthorn West, VIC, 3121
This Privacy Collection Statement was last updated November 2017 and may change from time to time. Any updated versions will be posted on this website and will be effective from the date of posting.
In this Privacy Collection Statement, references to 'Beyond Blue', 'we', 'us' and 'our' are references to Beyond Blue Limited ACN 093 865 840.