Depression and anxiety
Depression and anxiety are among the most common mental health problems experienced by young people. Often, the symptoms aren’t recognised and therefore young people don’t get the help that’s needed. Sometimes, the signs can be ignored or passed over as “just part of growing up”.
The K-10 is a simple checklist aims to measure how you may have been affected by depression and anxiety in the past four weeks. To complete the checklist click here
If you think you, or someone you know, may have depression or anxiety:
- LOOK for the signs of depression and anxiety
- LISTEN to your friends’ experience
- TALK about what’s going on
- SEEK HELP together.
Find out more about
- depression and anxiety
- how to recognise the signs and symptoms
- complete a depression and anxiety checklist (K-10)
- where to go for help
- treatments for depression and anxiety
- how you can support someone who’s living with depression and anxiety.
- Check out our fact sheets - they don’t contain confusing medical jargon or sugar-coat the issues - just plain, easy-to-understand facts about problems people commonly experience as a part of growing up.